If you did not meet the pass requirements for a Matric subject, you may qualify for a Matric rewrite (supplementary exam).
According to the Department of Basic Education, you may qualify for a Matric rewrite if you:
- Were medically unfit on the day of the exam;
- Do not meet admission requirements for Higher Education;
- Experienced personal problems such as a death in the immediate family;
- Were unable to write or complete an examination paper for other reasons, provided that a report is submitted by the Headmaster of your school
- You may only apply to write a supplementary exam for a maximum of 2 subjects
Read our December 2016 blog article here for more detailed information, and the associated DoE announcement here.
If you meet these criteria, and want to register for a Matric rewrite, then contact your provincial Department of Education, via your school. The deadline to register for a 2017 supplementary exams was 19 January 2017. Follow us on Twitter for updates regarding examinations, tutoring specials and more.
If you would like to book a tutor to assist you with your Matric rewrite revision, get in touch with us soon, and we’ll be able to assist you in achieving your goal marks!