What does a Concession Facilitator do?
At BrightSparkz, our Concession Facilitators (readers, scribes and prompters) ensure that all students have simple, smooth, and stress-free test and exam periods. By providing direct and personalized instruction alongside high-end proficiency in transcribing talent, a BrightSparkz Concession Facilitator ensures that your knowledge is truly reflected in the written component of your test or exam and that every aspect is addressed in a detailed and transparent manner. Concessions Facilitators also ensure that the instructions, questions, and any additional, relevant information are all highlighted and effectively presented to maximize academic performance.
- They dictate questions, sources, and instructions to ensure clarity and comprehension.
- Having a reader will ensure that you hear every aspect of the question! This reduces the chance of mistakes and skipping parts of questions, and improves your ability to answer optimally.
- Readers are a great help for any students with dyslexia, in addition to those with other special needs conditions that impair textual and visual reception.
- These highly skilled writers will transcribe your dictated work in a neat and professional manner, therefore ensuring you peace of mind.
- Having a scribe will allow you to focus entirely on constructing your answer. You then simply dictate your words to the scribe who writes it down diligently and efficiently.
- Scribes provide invaluable assistance to any students who qualify for writing allowances, including cases of arm and hand injuries.
- A prompter, or learning aid, sits with you in a test and/or examination and assists you with focus and time management.
- Before a test or exam, you and the prompter will decide on a cue that they will give you (like tapping your shoulder, saying your name or holding up a coloured card) to indicate that you need to bring your attention back to the exam.
- Prompters are normally used by learners with severe anxiety or ADD/ADHD, as well as students with more than one barrier to learning or who need both a reader and a scribe.
- A personal assistant assists you in personal and/or practical ways during an examination or test, like turning a page or moving a computer mouse.
- Normally, you will know your personal assistant.
- A personal assistant is prescribed in the case of physical barriers to learning, including physical disabilities.
- An invigilator supervises and controls an examination to make sure it’s fair.
- If you have an additional concession, you will also need an invigilator. Sometimes this can be the same person.
- If you are home schooled, you are likely to need an invigilator to oversee all your tests and exams.
BrightSparkz Tutors can provide you with experienced and talented Concession Facilitators to ensure that your tests and examinations reflect your true capability. With over 10 years of tutor-matching experience, BrightSparkz has assisted with more than 500 hours of concessions facilitation over the past 2 years. Learners have experienced a substantial increase in their academic performance and marks, as well as reduced stress levels. This has resulted in learners and students excelling at their studies in a way that highlights their true potential, and even exceeding expectation. Book a Concession Facilitator now.
What our Clients have to say
Friday’s exam went well. Both Munira and Nwabisa were waiting for Taryn and Kayla when they arrived at college. They both read well and clearly. Kayla mentioned that it was Nwabisa’s first time reading as she had only scribed previously, and that her reading was good and very clear. Both my girls felt very comfortable with them.
– Rowena, Durban North
Overall I give BrightSparkz a perfect 10/10 rating! The admin team were amazing as was my Writer. The test went really well and the admin team got back to me super quickly and assured me of a Writer. Amazing service and I couldn’t ask for better. 10/10! 🙂
– Aiden, Sandton
Written By: Filipp Stoliarov, BrightSparkz Tutor & Concessions Facilitator – Cape Town