We’re hiring! See job details and application instructions below or download the full job spec:
Date Advertised: 19 September 2018
(Joburg Office, Bedfordview)
You are someone who has a passion for being of service to others, and you see yourself working in a small but hard-working team in a relatively informal environment. You enjoy process-driven work, and consider yourself to be extremely efficient, organized and detail-oriented. You are a good active listener, which helps you excel in sales and customer service. You are comfortable using technology having worked on various web applications in the past. You adapt easily to change, learn new things quickly and consider yourself a friendly person with a strong internal drive to get things done.
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Friendly and engaging over the phone, and enjoy listening to customers’ needs in order to assist them via email and phone.
- A hard-worker with a strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize
- Able to cooperatively and respectfully work with different kinds of people.
- Intelligent, adaptable and a quick learner.
- Determined, able to overcome challenges and cope well with pressure.
- A tertiary qualification (degree or diploma) preferred.
- At least two years’ experience excelling in customer services or sales (preferably in a very organized or process-driven environment).
- Tutoring experience advantageous, but not essential.
- Great English communication skills – written and verbal.
- The ability to converse in Afrikaans is advantageous.
- An above-average typing speed, and can efficiently use various internet technologies.
- A valid driver’s license, and your own transport.
Practicalities: Start Dates, Remuneration, Contract Type
We require our new Tutoring Consultant to start full-time employment by 1 January 2019 at the latest, but sooner would be preferable. Candidates will need to be available for both a trial opportunity in November if shortlisted, as well as part-time training during the month of December, if they are successful. The position is a 6-month contract position initially with the possibility of extending to a permanent contract after 6-months.
Remuneration will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
How to Apply
Download and read our full job spec. Send us an email with an abridged CV (2 pages max). In your email, please include:
- Details around your previous experience in customer service or sales roles
- An explanation of your qualities and experience would be a good fit for the role outlined
- Your availability through November & December for the trial opportunity and training
Contact person: Belinda
Applications close 31 October 2018, but late applications may be considered.
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applications expected, we can only respond to candidates who match the role specifications.
Should you be interested in becoming a BrightSparkz tutor, please click here for more information on how to apply.