We’re hiring! See job details and application instructions below:
Date Advertised: 20 November 2017
Tutor Recruitment Officer
Bellville, Cape Town
3-6 Month full-time contract, with possible permanent employment
Disclosed on application
9 January (Training in December if possible)
WHO WE ARE:
The BrightSparkz Tutors team are a group of dynamic individuals who work hard to give South African parents great customer service and attract tutors of exceptional quality. The company was birthed in 2005 and currently serves clients in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Pretoria. The Online division combines tutoring via Skype with e-learning platforms to offer a tutoring solution for clients outside of major cities. We carefully match suitable tutors depending on the subject requirements and availability of our clients, whether it be primary or high school learners, university students or adults. Tutoring takes place at the homes of our clients, or at schools or local libraries.
Our vision is to be able to provide access to academic support in one form or another to all South African learners, and to be the no. 1 tutor employer of choice for university students and teachers.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE:
- To increase the pool of high calibre tutors in key high-demand areas through various online and on-the-ground recruitment activities.
- To maintain a high standard of tutoring through effective screening, interviewing, on-boarding of, and ongoing communication to tutors.
- Improve tutor retention, by attracting and retaining committed tutors, and by implementing a retention-strategy.
- Identify areas with high supply of tutors, and coordinate school marketing activities (newsletter adverts and flyer drops) at specific times of year, in order to boost client sign-ups.
You are someone who is looking to combine a passion for education with client services and business, and you can see yourself working in a small team, in a relatively informal environment with a flat hierarchical structure. You consider yourself organised and administratively strong, and have high empathy and are intuitive, which helps you engage well with people of all ages. You enjoy the variation of being in and out of the office, and don’t mind getting stuck into whatever needs getting done! You are comfortable using internet technology having worked on various web applications in the past. You adapt easily to change, learn new things quickly and consider yourself a friendly and positive person with a strong internal drive to get things done.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Completed 3 year tertiary qualification in business administration, education, or a related field.
- Have minimum of 1-2 year’s work experience excelling in client services, journalism, media, education, events, business admin or in a corporate environment (internships included). Leadership experience an advantage.
- Experience in education or tutoring, required.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Exceptional organisational and administrative abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people of all ages, with a high service-orientated attitude.
- Proficient with MS Office, and experience with web-based applications and Google Apps advantageous.
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport essential (driving required for interviews and marketing activities).
Please email us your CV, and motivate why you are interested in this position.
Contact person: Dominique
Applications close Friday 8 December 2017.
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applications expected, we can only respond to candidates who match the role specifications.