We’re hiring in Cape Town! See job details and application instructions below or
download the full job spec:
Date Advertised: 18 April 2019
TUTOR RECRUITMENT OFFICER
(Work-from-home position, Cape Town)
You are someone who has a passion for education and service, and you can see yourself working independently and constructively from home, connecting remotely to a larger team using online technologies. You consider yourself quite technologically savvy, but you also enjoy the variation of meeting new people, and your high empathy and great communication skills helps you connect well with people of all ages and backgrounds. You adapt easily to change, learn new things quickly and consider yourself a friendly and positive person with a strong internal drive to get things done!
- Exceptionally organised, with great time-management and administrative abilities.
- Able to work independently
- Quick to learn new processes and adapt quickly to change.
- A self-motivated person with a strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize.
- Proficient with MS Word & Excel, web-based applications and Google Apps.
- Completed, or are currently completing a degree or post-graduate degree/diploma.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ work experience in education, recruitment, or services environment (preferably in a very organized or process-driven company).
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken. Afrikaans fluency advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people of all ages.
- An above-average typing speed (above 50 wpm).
- A valid driver’s license, and your own transport.
- A home office environment and good internet connection, that is suitable to remote working (we use mostly cloud-based technologies).
Practicalities: Start Dates, Remuneration, Contract Type
We require our new Tutor Recruitment Officer to start employment by latest 1 June 2019. Working hours: Minimum 35-hour week. Candidates will need to be available for both an work-assessment if shortlisted, as well as part-time training during May if they are successful. The position is a 6-month contract position, with the possibility of permanent employment.
Remuneration will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
How to Apply
Download and read our full job spec. Send us an email with an abridged CV (2 pages max). In your email, please include:
- Why your qualities and experience would be a good fit for the role outlined
- Your suitability to working remotely from home
- Your availability in May for the assessment stage of the interview process and training.
Contact person: Tessa
1st Round applications close Tuesday 30 April 2019, but late applications may be considered
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applications expected, we can only respond to candidates who match the role specifications.
Should you be interested in becoming a BrightSparkz tutor, please click here for more information on how to apply.