Date Advertised: 31 March 2017
Tutor Consultant & Recruitment Officer, Joburg Office
6-Month full-time contract, with possible permanent employment
Negotiable – Minimum 30 hours/week
Subject to discussion based on hours and experience
As soon as possible (negotiable)
WHO WE ARE:
The BrightSparkz Tutors team are a group of dynamic individuals who work hard to give South African parents great customer service and attract tutors of exceptional quality. The company was birthed in 2005 and currently serves clients in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Pretoria. The Online division combines tutoring via Skype with e-learning platforms to offer a tutoring solution for clients outside of major cities. We carefully match suitable tutors depending on the subject requirements and availability of our clients, whether it be primary or high school learners, university students or adults. Tutoring takes place at the homes of our clients, or at schools or local libraries.
Our vision is to be able to provide access to academic support in one form or another to all South African learners, and to be the no. 1 tutor employer of choice for university students and teachers.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE:
- To provide administrative and operational support to the Tutor Recruitment Officers, including assisting with the processing and screening of tutor applications and interviewing of tutors. The ultimate result is to ensure high-calibre tutors are selected and on-boarded effectively.
- To assist in increasing the number of tutor applications in high demand areas, by liaising with campus reps and coordinating other online and campus recruitment activities.
- To provide some administrative and client services support to the Client Manager, including assisting with following up on new leads and existing clients, in order to increase tutor placements.
You are someone who is looking to combine a passion for education with client services and business, and you can see yourself working in a small team, in a relatively informal environment with a flat hierarchical structure. You consider yourself organised and administratively strong, and have high empathy and are intuitive, which helps you engage well with people of all ages. You enjoy the variation of being in and out of the office, and don’t mind getting stuck into whatever needs getting done! You are comfortable using internet technology having worked on various web applications in the past. You adapt easily to change, learn new things quickly and consider yourself a friendly and positive person with a strong internal drive to get things done.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Currently completing or completed a 3-year tertiary qualification in business administration, English, education, or any other related field.
- Have minimum of 1-2 year’s work experience in administration, education, journalism, or a services industry role.
- Experience in education sector or tutoring experience advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Exceptional organisational and administrative abilities.
- Extremely high attention to detail, and willing attitude.
- Proficient with MS Office, and experience with web-based applications and Google Apps advantageous.
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport essential.
Please email us your CV and salary expectations, and motivate why you are interested in this position.
Contact person: Amy
Applications close Wednesday 12 April 2017, but late applications may be considered.
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applications expected, we can only respond to candidates who match the role specifications.